10 Tips to Take Care of your Car’s Upholsteryadmin
From day to day, the use of car upholstery is deteriorating, which is why you should pay close attention and take care of it. So that you know how to do it, we share with you 10 tips that you can put into practice.
- It is important to maintain the cushion of your vehicle at least every six months, checking them and cleaning them superficially.
- If any liquid is spilt on the seats, try to clean it immediately with a damp cloth that removes the dirt.
- Keep in mind that if you leave the stains on the fabric of the seats for a long time, trying to remove them later will cost more work that is why you should try to remove them as soon as possible.
- When cleaning the cushion of your vehicle, always use a brush with soft bristles, as well as a special shampoo or cleanser for cleaning automotive fabrics.
- If there is a stain that is very difficult to remove, try not to put too much force on the fabric, as it can sometimes break due to friction and force applied.
- If your vehicle has leather cushions, remember to hydrate it with a special cream, placing it in the afternoon and allowing it to be absorbed during the night (a period in which the car is not used). Perform this procedure at least every 6 months.
- If the leather is losing its colour, it is important that you take it to a specialist in the treatment of these materials to be re-dyed.
- If the cushion of your car has suffered burns or scratches, ask your dealer if they sell the fabric of your car to maintain the original design of the fabric with which it left the factory.
- Do not wet the seats too much as they take time to dry. If you use your car with wet seats, it is likely that in a short period of time emit a smell of moisture.
- If you consider it prudent, take your car to a workshop specialized in the application of Teflon for the care and maintenance of the cushion, so the dirt will not stick so easy in a short period of time.